Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@obsidium.com> on 2005/11/29 02:32:50 UTC

Javadoc problems on non-ascii char

Hi,

When building the javadoc I get lots of warnings reported for
occurrences of Matthias Wessendorf's name, presumably because of the use
of a German double-s character.

     [javac]
/home/skitching/workdir/myfaces/current/examples/tiles/src/java/org/apache/myfaces/tiles/example/DemoActionListener.java:23:
warning: unmappable character for encoding UTF8
     [javac]  * @author <a href="mailto:matzew@apache.org">Matthias
We�endorf</a>

Can anyone suggest how to fix this?

Thanks,

Simon

Re: Javadoc problems on non-ascii char

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@obsidium.com>.
Thanks very much Matthias.

There may be some alternative like ensuring all the .java files start
with a UTF8 byte-order-mark or somesuch to tell the java tools that the
contents of the file is unicode, not ascii. However using "ss" is
probably the easiest solution..

Regards,

Simon

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.