Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by David George <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/03 15:32:24 UTC

Indexing stops after exception

I have a list of files in a database that I am indexing (it is a liferay
database and the file lists are attachments). I'm encountering the following
error

on one of the PDF documents and this causes indexing to stop (the
TikaEntityProcessor) throws a Severe exception. Is it possible to ignore
this exception and continue indexing by some kind of solr configuration ?

It seems reasonable to do this in my case as I do not want indexing to stop
due to a non-critical error beyond my control. Currently I've modified the
TikaEntityProcessor to return null in this case. BTW shouldn't the
inputstream close be in a finally block?

Re: Indexing stops after exception

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: on one of the PDF documents and this causes indexing to stop (the
: TikaEntityProcessor) throws a Severe exception. Is it possible to ignore
: this exception and continue indexing by some kind of solr configuration ?

i'm not really a power user of DIH but have you tried adusting the value
of the 'onError' param?

: TikaEntityProcessor to return null in this case. BTW shouldn't the
: inputstream close be in a finally block?

Almost certainly -- can you please open a Jira issue and either
attach a patch with your suggested "finally" changes or just
cite the files/lines you think look suspicious.

-Hoss