Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com> on 2010/04/27 00:25:20 UTC

"Meta product" ordering (e.g., kits)

A requirement we have is to order and invoice a "Kit", but to receive the
components of that kit.

For example, purchasing will order Product 10000.  But ProductId 10000 is a
kit that contains ProductId 10001 QTY 4, ProductID 10002 QTY 1, etc.

Receiving will indicate the receipt of the (non-inventory) "Kit", but will
receive the *components* of the kit into inventory.

I have an idea how I will implement this, but I want to again check and see
if OFBiz already provides the function I'm describing,
and if so, whether it will fit our workflow.

--
James McGill
Phoenix Arizona

Re: "Meta product" ordering (e.g., kits)

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I don't think unpacking (and put in inventory, etc.) a Marketing Package Product when purchasing is supported OOTB, but, as Scott
said, following the sales side it should not be too hard to implement

Jacques

From: "James McGill" <ja...@ableengineering.com>

Posted by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com>.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
You'll want to look into the Marketing Package ProductType (and it's subtypes).  I'm not sure what the support is like for purchasing as opposed to sales but even if it isn't there it shouldn't be too hard to implement.  There is definitely support for deconstructing a marketing package as part of a sales order return so look to that if purchasing doesn't already support it.

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com