Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Andrei Istomin <ai...@bidz.com> on 2011/03/26 00:30:04 UTC

Please help - Node conflict in axis2-kernel-1.5.4.jar

Dear All,

I am new to WS and having a problem with integrating a small axis2-1.5.4 client into an existing, working webapp.

When I add axis2-kernel-1.5.4.jar to my buildpath in Eclipse I get a compile error in my other classes:

"The method getTextContent() is undefined for the type Node"

Please advice how to fix this, I spent two days searching for solution to no avail.

Many thanks,
Andrei

Below is the code snippet:
import org.w3c.dom.Node;
import org.w3c.dom.NodeList;
Node codeNode = attributes.getNamedItem("code");
if (codeNode != null) {
     String codeStr = codeNode.getTextContent(); <-- error
}

Scanned by MailMarshal

Re: Please help - Node conflict in axis2-kernel-1.5.4.jar

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
getTextContent() is DOM level 3 API and AFAIK available in JDK 1.4
upwards with the integrated xerces code base. You may be using an
older JDK, have a different (older) xml library in the class path
somewhere.

There is no XML library included in the Axis2 kernel so the issue
seems to be with a different library.

Aj

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its
creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain
too little falls into lazy habits of thinking - Albert Einstein