Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/10 11:29:26 UTC

Nightly builds / .sar files

Folks,

I've upgraded cornerstone's "distributions" target to create a subdir
for .sar files.  If we're to convince the world of the beauty of Avalon
we need to have instructions like so:

1) Download jakarta-avalon-phoenix.zip from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-avalon/nightly .
2) Unzip.
3) In the "apps" dir place .sar files from the phoenix-apps dir (nightly
builds again).
4) In the bin directory execute "run".

Regards,

- Paul H

Re: Nightly builds / .sar files

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

>could someone download the nightlies and make sure they are including all the
>correctly versioned jars. ie does the excalibur nightly include the latest
>logkit/framework or does it include the ones inside the excalibur CVS
>
>I have been getting bug reports for a bit but I thought I fixed it ... though
>maybe I haven't. I won't have a chance to look at this till the weekend
>though so if someone else wantes to ... ;)

I'll take the distributions/ analysis of nightlies.

You'll have to take the flakey .sar loading.  Of the three sars from
cornerstone try putting them in a fresh apps/ dir (nothing there
already).  They permutations of recompiling them and replacing them and
restarting phoenix.  Sooner or later you'll get loader error.  The next
time it happens to me I'll snip the output and copy to you.

Regards,

- Paul H

Re: Nightly builds / .sar files

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 19:29, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've upgraded cornerstone's "distributions" target to create a subdir
> for .sar files.  If we're to convince the world of the beauty of Avalon
> we need to have instructions like so:
>
> 1) Download jakarta-avalon-phoenix.zip from
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-avalon/nightly .
> 2) Unzip.
> 3) In the "apps" dir place .sar files from the phoenix-apps dir (nightly
> builds again).
> 4) In the bin directory execute "run".
>
> Regards,
>
> - Paul H

Cheers,

Pete

Frank Zappa observed: "It's not getting any smarter out
                       there.You have to come to terms with
                       stupidity, and make it work for you."