Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Tony Qian <to...@hotmail.com> on 2007/10/12 19:11:42 UTC

slow consumer blocks producer

All,

We are having a production problem with activeMQ (activemq-console-4.2-incubator). We have been struggling to fix the problem.

We have multi threaded producer (servlet) to send about 10 messages/sec to broker and have a single consumer. We can see messages are spooled to disk and  database (MySql). However, after a few minutes,  producer threads are blocked due to slower consumer. If we kill consumer, then producers can send messages to queue normally.

Did we do something wrong?

Appreciate your help and suggestion.

Tony