Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "anurag.jain" <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/08 21:49:03 UTC

Dynamic Field

Hi all,

I am using solr dynamic field. i am storing data in the following format:-

------------------------------------
id        batch_*        job_*
------------------------------------

So for a doc, data is storing like:-

id      batch_21   job_21     job_22   batch_22  ...............
1       120           0            1           121          ...............

Using luke request handler i found that currently there are more than 5k
fields and 3000000 docs. And fields are always increasing because of dynamic
field.
So i am worried about solr performance or any unknown issues which can come
to solr. If somebody had experienced please tell me. Please tell the correct
solution to handle these issues.

are there any alternatives of dynamic fields. Can we store information like
below ?

id    jobs              batch

Re: Dynamic Field

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
2. Flatten your data.
3. Use dynamic and multivalued fields only in moderation.
1. First, tell us how your application intends to use and query your data.
That will be a guide to how your data should be stored.

-- Jack Krupansky

Re: Dynamic Field

Posted by Alvaro Cabrerizo <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi:

As you posted, a possibility could be, to define the fields "jobs" and
"batch" as multivalued and use the partial
update<http://solr.pl/en/2012/07/09/solr-4-0-partial-documents-update/>to
add new values to those fields.

Hope it helps.