Posted to user@struts.apache.org by jz...@morelogs.de on 2002/12/04 23:14:39 UTC

problem using html:form in different struts-modules

Hi,

i want to use seperate modules in my application (i.e. general, account, registration ... ).

At the bottom of my website is a login panel ( username and password field ).

I used the html:form jsp-tag to render the login panel, but i seems like the html:form tag cannot lookup action mappings from different modules.

example:

default config contains:

action path="/ShowHome.do"
action path="/ShowFaq.do"

config/account contains:

action path="/Login.do"
action path="/ShowAccount.do"

the html:form tag at the bottom of my website is defined as

html:form action="/Login.do"

when i call http://domain/account/ShowAccount.do in my browser the login-panel is rendered well, but calling http://domain/ShowHome.do results in an error:

[ServletException in:/jsp/tiles/general/footer.jsp] Cannot retrieve mapping for action /Login'

First i thought i have to add the modules name as prefix to the action like

html:form action="/account/Login.do"

but these neither renders the html:form tag in "default-config" nor in "account-config" actions.

Has anyone experienced the same problem ?

It would be great if someone could help me.

Jan Zimmek

Re: problem using html:form in different struts-modules

Posted by Gemes Tibor <ge...@regens.hu>.
2002. december 5. 09:47 dátummal Jan Zimmek ezt írtad:
> Hi,
>
> my action "ShowAccount.do" simply forwards to a tiles-def which include my
> "LoginPanel"-tile as footer.
>
> This seems to me like a bug, because even a simple struts-application
> without tiles and other possible sources of error, throws the same
> exception.
>
> Could anyone please check if it is really not possible to use a jsp
> html:form tag to target to different stuts-module-actions ?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I bet this form should not be prepopulated etc, so you can use the "normal"
html form tag.

Hth,

Tib

Re: problem using html:form in different struts-modules

> [ServletException in:/jsp/tiles/general/footer.jsp] Cannot retrieve
mapping
> for action /account/Login'

Posted by ze...@piratez.net.
Hi,