Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by John Lindal <li...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2010/10/14 20:54:49 UTC

Enhancements to JSON plugin

I recently started building some extensions to Struts 2 for use within
Yahoo, and in the process, I discovered various issues in the Struts 2.2.1
code base.  I have filed tickets for all these issues in jira, but with only
a couple of exceptions (thanks, Lukasz!), these tickets remain unassigned.
(From the mailing list archives, I see that October is an unusually slow
month.  I'm guessing everybody is busy with other stuff :)

I'm writing to ask if I could help in any way to get these fixes into an
upcoming release, so I don't have to maintain them as patches and re-apply
them to every new release.  I would be happy to discuss the changes in some
form of code review to determine if (1) the changes are reasonable and (2)
if the patches I created are the right way to do it.

Here is the list of tickets:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestI
d=12314570

FWIW, I used to be a contributor to Musachy Barroso's JSON plugin project on
googlecode, before it was absorbed into the Struts2 core distribution.
Several of the tickets, including the biggest patch (WW-3514), are for the
JSON plugin.

Thanks,
John Lindal

Re: Enhancements to JSON plugin

Posted by Dale Newfield <da...@newfield.org>.
On 10/15/10 2:21 AM, Lukasz Lenart wrote:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestI
>> d=12314570
>
> The filter must be public to be accessible by others.

I had the same problem, but just listing the open ones that he's
reported works, too:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&reporterSelect=specificuser&reporter=jafl5272

Of course as soon as I got that the phone rang, so I've yet to look at
any of them myself...

-Dale

Re: Enhancements to JSON plugin

Posted by Jordi Fernandez <jo...@esilog.com>.
I join John in asking if we could help in getting fixes into an upcoming
release. We have contributed several improvements to the REST plugin
with issue ww-3494 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-3494 and
some others. We will be contributing more in the near future regarding
the REST plugin.

Regards,
Jordi.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.