Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Per Jessen <pe...@computer.org> on 2003/01/31 18:12:07 UTC

xsl:sort order - works in xalanj, but in xalanc ?

Hi,

I have some XSL code looking more or less like this:

<xsl:variable name="dir" select="'ascending'"/>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="catalogue/phrase">
        <xsl:sort
         order="{$dir}"
         select="@key"/>
     </xsl:apply-templates>

Using xalanc produces an error message: XSLT error: The variable 'dir' is not defined.,
Although, if I define the 'dir' variable at the top level, it works.

Using xalanj (2.4.1), there is no problem either way.

I'm using snapshot 20030128183339 - have I hit a bug or am I missing something?

thanks,
Per

Re: xsl:sort order - works in xalanj, but in xalanc ?

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Hi Per,

It looks like a bug.  Can you create a Bugzilla report and include a
minimal set of inputs to reproduce it?

Thanks!

Dave

                      Per Jessen
                      <per@computer.or         To:      xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org
                      g>                       cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                      Sent by: news            Subject: xsl:sort order - works in xalanj, but in xalanc ?
                      <news@main.gmane
                      .org>

                      01/31/2003 09:12
                      AM