Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1995/08/03 19:49:28 UTC

New Apache Page

This is a tough group to work for when it comes to page design...

I've tweaked the colors a *bit* and fixed the problem with
followed links not being a different color than the text.
(valid concern Andrew).

I think a change in the look would be good at this stage of the
game to communicate a serious change in our code base. I
am not comfortable doing anthing other than black or white for
a background, and have been threatened with bodily harm by
members of the group if I use a bitmap for a background.

Therefore, the color scheme is the best that I can come up with
to jive with the existing colors in the logo. Feel free to
jump in and change it to something that you feel is better.

The image bullets are gone (wrong color)

As for the gray bars...Cuuum-on!  These are 180 *bytes*.
If that is really causing problems downloading... you should
upgrade that 1200 baud modem.

Do people surfin with Lynx really *care* how it looks without
horizontal bars?

Rant over....