Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by da...@us.ibm.com on 2003/11/02 18:35:03 UTC

RE: xpath evaluation using xalan

> Hi
>
> If i use the XercesDOMSupport and XPathEvaluator class i am facing some
> problems -
> 1. i get asserts saying "startNode1 != 0" and "startNode2 != 0"
> 2. if i change the document manually, it is not reflected in the
evaluator.
> if i do rebuildWrapper() i get asserts saying
> "m_parentNavigatorStack.empty() == false" and
> "m_siblingNavigatorStack.empty() == false" and then the application
crashes
> !

You might want to create a __minimal__ sample program and sample inputs
that reproduce the problem.  Be certain this sample program has no external
dependencies.  You can then create a bug report in Bugzilla and attach the
files necessary to reproduce the problem.  Someone will take a look at it.

> what is the correct way of using this? how can i keep the other helper
> objects live till i access the return object?

That question has nothing to do with Xalan.  We don't know how your
application works, or what your code looks like, so how can we answer that
question?  There are many ways you might keep those objects in-scope.

> i must say the documentation is not enough to let novices use the lib.

This is an open source project, so anyone willing to write documentation
can contribute it back.

Dave