Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Tharon Hall <th...@cloud2gnd.com> on 2017/02/25 03:15:25 UTC

Having trouble, where to turn?

Hello,

   I am not a fan at all of mailing lists. Too much stuff in my inbox. My
boss asked me to evaluate mynewt, but I have hit brick walls. My newt build
crashed when I tried the Docker approach, and go install failed when I
tried a brand new 32-bit Ubuntu VM. Where can I turn for assistance? James
Pace originally reached out to me via LinkedIn, which is how I first heard
about mynewt.

Regards,

Tharon Hall

Senior Engineer

Cloud2GND Consulting

Louisville, KY

Re: Having trouble, where to turn?

Posted by james pace <pa...@runtime.io>.
Hi, Tharon. Thanks for taking the time to evaluate Apache Mynewt! I’ll ping you off-list and propose a couple of times where we might set up a Google Hangout, ensure that you get up-and-running, and answer any questions.

Also, I too often regard unsolicited emails with suspicion—even if they are clearly on topics where I am known to have a strong interest. In order to further gain your trust and remove the sting of the extra email and the Linkedin request (mail filters!), I have sent a box of Tcho chocolates for you and your colleagues to enjoy. I am profoundly aware that not all people like chocolate: in the event that this is the case, I am also prepared to send cured meats from Olympia Provisions in Portland.

best regards,

James Pace

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@gmail.com>.
This was thumb typing: I was going to say "with James pace, happy to help."  But Aditi beat me to it: you are in good hands! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi tharon,

Posted by aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io>.
Hi Tharon,

Thanks for reaching out to dev@ for help. I have sent you an email separately to get your subscription set up properly and with some pointers (e.g. Eclipse tutorial) to get you started. Assuming your list subscription is completed and you’ve had a chance to try out the suggestions we can continue the conversation here on this thread.

thanks,
aditi