Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by to...@absi.be on 2005/10/15 19:02:28 UTC

Re: spamassassin less effective after upgrade to 3.1.0: some checks no longer executed ?

Hi,

problem is solved.

i noticed via solaris' truss tool that mimedefang.pl didn't read
/usr/perl5/5.6.1/etc/mail/spamassassin. And this is the directory that
contained the v310.pre script which by default disables dcc, pyzor and
razor2 (by commenting the loadplugin keyword).

I made /etc/mail/spamassassin a link to above mentioned directory, and now
everything is fine and dandy.

Took me 3 hours of debugging though...

kind regards to all for the help,

gr,
tom.

Tom Van Overbeke - ABSI Unix System Engineer
email: tomvo@absi.be
Tel: +32 2 333 40 00 - Fax: +32 2 332 34 69
website: http://www.absi.be

"Menno van Bennekom" <mv...@xs4all.nl>
14/10/2005 13:56
Please respond to mvbengro

        To:     tomvo@absi.be
        cc:     "Alan Premselaar" <al...@12inch.com>,
users@spamassassin.apache.org
        Subject:        Re: spamassassin less effective after upgrade to
3.1.0: some                             checks no longer executed ?

> Tom,
>
>   you may want to cross-post this to the mimedefang list.  it's likely
> someone there may also be able to help you.
>
> I also run mimedefang but I haven't experienced these types of problems.
> you may want to log in as the defang user and check the path and see if
> there are any suspect entries in your path.
>
> also, if you don't have a recent version of razor installed, I know
> there were issues with older versions running in taint mode so maybe
> it's related to that.
>
> what does your mimedefang-filter file look like?  have you checked the
> Changelog and all the required COMPATIBILITY warnings when upgrading
> mimedefang?
>
> HTH
>
> alan

Indeed it looks like a mimedefang problem, I have no experience with that
because I use postfix+amavisd.
So your spamassassin --lint -D as mimedefang user now suggests that
Razor/DCC are working. To be absolutely sure you could check a message
(preferably a spam that has a hit in DCC/Razor) with 'cat <msg> |
spamassassin -D'. If you see the normal DCC/Razor actions then
SA/Razor/DCC should be fine.
You could also double-check the permissions of the Razor/DCC dirs, after
upgrades I often have to change dirs+files like /var/dcc and ~/.razor to
the right permissions for the SA-user.

Regards
Menno