Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/11 18:53:30 UTC

query about 4.4 usage

H,

Today we had a talk at work (Schuberg Philis) about our CloudStack
strategy. We decided that we will keep at 4.4 until we have a good
test environment of our own and then skip to 4.6 or up, depending on
where we merge our redundant vpc work in. We don't have any time to
put energy in 4.5 and need some features that won't make it there. The
afore mentioned redundant vpcs, but also ipv6 for vpcs and ovm
support.

What I am wondering now is:
Who else is on 4.4 in production systems?
What versions do you run?
How did you test it before going to production?
What are your migration plans?

thanks,
--
Daan

Re: query about 4.4 usage

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hi,

I'm with 4.4.1 in production on CentOS 6 HVs (should get it to 4.4.2 soon), Adv zone + SG.
I keep a separate, somehow similar setup where I test stuff before going to production - I don't always catch all the bugs.
Nothing fancy or automated like Jenkins etc, perhaps one day.

My migration plan are to follow 4.5, mainly as to not get left behind too much and wake up with a non-upgradable setup (however unlikely).

Looking forward to ipv6.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: query about 4.4 usage

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
We (EVRY) have 4.3.2 deployed, and plan on upgrading to 4.5 after it
reaches a certain maturity.

--
Erik

Den onsdag 11. februar 2015 skrev Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>
følgende:

Re: query about 4.4 usage

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Loic, give me a ping for the review

--
Daan

Re: query about 4.4 usage

Posted by "loic.lambiel@exoscale.ch" <lo...@exoscale.ch>.
Hi Daan,

Re: query about 4.4 usage

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Antoine, Loic,

--
Daan

Re: query about 4.4 usage

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Antoine, Loic,

--
Daan

Re: query about 4.4 usage

Posted by Antoine Coetsier <an...@exoscale.ch>.
Hello Daan,

Re: query about 4.4 usage

Posted by Antoine Coetsier <an...@exoscale.ch>.
Hello Daan,

Re: query about 4.4 usage

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Antoine,

--
Daan

Re: query about 4.4 usage

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Antoine,

--
Daan

Re: query about 4.4 usage

Posted by Antoine Coetsier <an...@exoscale.ch>.
Hello Daan and users,

Re: query about 4.4 usage

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hi,

Re: query about 4.4 usage

Posted by Antoine Coetsier <an...@exoscale.ch>.
Hello Daan and users,

Re: query about 4.4 usage

Posted by Steve Wilson <st...@citrix.com>.
Just as a data point, at Citrix we actually decided to skip 4.4 and didn¹t
put out a commercial distribution based on it.  We put all our energy into
fixing bugs that went into 4.5.  We¹re now bringing up large customers on
4.5, but too early to publish results.  Overall, though, I feel good about
4.5 quality.

Re: query about 4.4 usage

Posted by Steve Wilson <st...@citrix.com>.