Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by atgroxx <at...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/01 13:54:19 UTC

Auto creation of Advisory topic and message being post to it.

I have only created the Topic customerdata.

My application has durable subscription to topic customerdata.

But other two topics are getting created automatically when my application
starts.

<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4686036/Amq.png>

In this image you can see that ActiveMQ.Advisory.Connection and
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Topic.customerdata have 1958 messages.

But I have not pushed this message to this Advisory topic and connection.

Could anyone let me know what are these topics and why they are getting auto
created and from where they are getting the messages even though I am not
pushing any.

Re: Auto creation of Advisory topic and message being post to it.

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
These are advisory topics:

http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html

The web console/stats around topics are the # "enqueued" but these are not
persistent topics, ie, they don't store them around unless you have a
subscriber (the subscription is where the messages actually reside)

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 4:54 AM, atgroxx <at...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have only created the Topic customerdata.
>
> My application has durable subscription to topic customerdata.
>
> But other two topics are getting created automatically when my application
> starts.
>
> <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4686036/Amq.png>
>
> In this image you can see that ActiveMQ.Advisory.Connection and
> ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Topic.customerdata have 1958 messages.
>
> But I have not pushed this message to this Advisory topic and connection.
>
> Could anyone let me know what are these topics and why they are getting
> auto
> created and from where they are getting the messages even though I am not
> pushing any.

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
http://fabric8.io
twitter: @christianposta

Re: Auto creation of Advisory topic and message being post to it.

Posted by atgroxx <at...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all for clarifying this.

-Regards,
Atgroxx

Posted by Andreas Gies <an...@wayofquality.de>.
Hello,

within your broker you have the advisory support enabled which causes
the additional
topics to be created. You can find out more on Advisory messages here :

http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html

You can disable advisory support within the xml config or
programmatically by setting
the advisorySupport attribute of the broker to false.

Best regards
Andreas

On 01/10/14 13:54, atgroxx wrote:
> I have only created the Topic customerdata.
>
> My application has durable subscription to topic customerdata.
>
> But other two topics are getting created automatically when my application
> starts.
>
> <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4686036/Amq.png>
>
> In this image you can see that ActiveMQ.Advisory.Connection and
> ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Topic.customerdata have 1958 messages.
>
> But I have not pushed this message to this Advisory topic and connection.
>
> Could anyone let me know what are these topics and why they are getting auto
> created and from where they are getting the messages even though I am not
> pushing any.

    Andreas Gies

WoQ -- Way of Quality GmbH

Geschäftsführer & CTO