Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Klavs Klavsen <kl...@vsen.dk> on 2003/06/05 11:21:58 UTC

[users@httpd] anybody using mod_rewrite with mod_vhost_alias?

Hi guys,

I'm having troubles with using rewriterule's in a vhost, that relies on
the VirtualDocumentRoot directive from mod_vhost_alias. (because
rewriterule, rewrites to DocumentRoot/url - instead of the
VirtualDocumentRoot.

I've tried this on both apache-2.0.46 and 1.3.27.

If you have a good example of how to accomplish this, I'd be very happy.

p.s. I would prefer a solution, where any domain name would work - as
long as the directory is there.

ie. my DocumentRoot is /www and my VirtualDocumentRoot is /www/-2/html -
meaning that www.vsen.dk (and vsen.dk) gets a VirtualDocumentRoot of
/www/vsen/html - which works fine - except that the rewriterule's try to
find files I rewrite to under /www/ as that is the DocumentRoot.

Klavs Klavsen, GSEC - kl@vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk

Working with Unix is like wrestling a worthy opponent.
Working with windows is like attacking a small whining child
who is carrying a .38.