Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Tayseer Sabha <ta...@hotmail.com> on 2023/01/25 12:21:25 UTC

Opening an issue for Apache Tika media type detection

Dears,

I would like to create an issue on Apache Tika's JIRA regarding an issue I faced yesterday when using Tika to detect media type for pgp/gpg encrypted files.

The issue is application/pgp-encrypted media type gets always detected as application/octet-stream.

This issue occurs because the defined application/pgp-encrypted mime type in tika-mimetypes.xml lacks the proper magic match. I managed to resolve the issue and would like to contribute to the project using a Git Pull Request.

Kind Regards,
Tayseer K. Sabha