Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Iain <ia...@hotmail.com> on 2013/11/18 12:56:34 UTC

Open Office does not initialise

Hi,

Just a small problem.
At perceived random times, OO refuses to initialise, either when requested
to read Word or Excel type documents.
Whenever this occurs a reboot of the Windows machine is required to fix the
problem.

Are there more succinct ways around this situation?

Many thanks,

Iain Watson

Re: Open Office does not initialise

Posted by Iain <ia...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Andrew,

Yesterday the 'hang' situation occurred once again.
Your suggestion of using the Task Manager to kill soffice worked well.

However there does seem to be a problem with OO not releasing memory, on
closedown ?
Thereupon all other instantiations of OO hang at Close time until Windows 8
will not start a new copy of the program.

In this most recent case, the OO copy with most memory was selected for Task
Manager to kill.
All other copies of 'hanging' OO now finished and disappeared from the Task
Manager's view.

Best wishes,

Iain Watson

Posted by Iain <ia...@hotmail.com>.