Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@obsidium.com> on 2005/11/27 21:39:32 UTC

ALT attribute on standard JSF components

Hi,

I've noticed that the following JSF JSP tags *do* have an ALT attribute
defined in myfaces, but do *not* have an ALT attribute in the Sun RI:
  * h:selectBooleanCheckbox
  * h:selectManyCheckbox
  * h:selectOneRadio

See:
http://myfaces.apache.org/tlddoc/core/
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/javaserverfaces/1.1_01/docs/tlddocs/index.html

The HTML standard says that ALT is valid on any input component (which
includes checkboxes and radio buttons):
   http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/objects.html#adef-alt

Should we do anything about this?

Cheers,

Simon

Re: ALT attribute on standard JSF components

Posted by Jacob Hookom <ja...@hookom.net>.
I would double check the JSF 1.2 specification, some of these standards
issues have since been resolved.

--
Jacob Hookom - Minneapolis