Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@periapt.com> on 2000/08/30 22:38:30 UTC

WM Introspection engine!

Hey!

I've figured out the WM introspection engine! I've made
a tiny trivial example and I committed it (IntroTest.java).

So now I'm going to try and massage the parser to feed
the WM introspection engine values it likes. I'll
be done in a couple of hours!

jvz.

--

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@periapt.com

Re: WM Introspection engine!

Posted by Sean Legassick <se...@somacity.com>.
On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 04:38:30PM -0400, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> Hey!
>
> I've figured out the WM introspection engine! I've made
> a tiny trivial example and I committed it (IntroTest.java).
>
> So now I'm going to try and massage the parser to feed
> the WM introspection engine values it likes. I'll
> be done in a couple of hours!

One thing I wanted from the WM introspection engine was the ability to
(at least as a configuration option) have it operate case-insensitively.
The trouble with case sensitivity and HTML designers is that as HTML is
case-insensitive I have trouble getting them to get their heads around
having the case be correct.

There is a problem with this when the introspection engine is turning
$obj.Blah into obj.getValue("Blah") but for reflection of methods/fields
it could work fine.

What do other people think about this issue?

Should I just shut up and hit my designers more?!

--
Sean Legassick
sean@somacity.com