Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Amitesh Pathak <am...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/02 12:27:18 UTC

Need Guidance

Hi all
I subscribed to the tomcat dev mailing list sometime ago to help me getting
to start contributing, but haven't figured out how to start yet.

Can I please get a  mentor to guide me through and help me start developing
for the projects.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Sincerely
amitesh

Re: Need Guidance

Posted by Coty Sutherland <cs...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 8:27 AM, Amitesh Pathak <am...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
> I subscribed to the tomcat dev mailing list sometime ago to help me getting
> to start contributing, but haven't figured out how to start yet.

Hello and welcome!

> Can I please get a  mentor to guide me through and help me start developing
> for the projects.

Reading over the README and CONTRIBUTING docs from any of the Tomcat
repos on GitHub (e.g. https://github.com/apache/tomcat for trunk)
should help you get started. If you have any other questions, just let
us know. The first thing I would suggest doing is getting the sources,
from either SVN or git (GitHub), and building locally. Once you can do
that, then you can start focusing on providing your first patch.

Good luck!