Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Jesse Hallett <ha...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/03 05:13:37 UTC

Re: More than one URL for a single resource

The simplest way to go would be to use the pretty id as the document `_id`
and to skip the uuid altogether.

On Aug 31, 2009 2:59 PM, "Jan Vincent Liwanag" <jv...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

Is it possible for one document to redirect to another? For one resource, I
was hoping to have more than one URL. One would be a pretty URL (something
like .../blog/2009_12_1_couchdb_rocks) which points to the same content as
its absolute URL formed using the auto-generated uuid.

If this were possible, the pretty URL would also be a good way to add some
unique constraint to some documents - with it's 'pretty id' implementing the
said constraint.

Thanks,

JV Liwanag

Re: More than one URL for a single resource

Posted by Jan Vincent Liwanag <jv...@gmail.com>.
Mainly because things that make up the URL may change. However, I need
to maintain some unique constraint to it as well as some absolute url.

Thanks,

JV Liwanag

Posted by Metin Akat <ak...@gmail.com>.