Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de> on 2007/02/06 09:10:05 UTC

How to set session-timeout?

Hi all,

I want to set a so-called session timeout to my web application, so that is a user after logon and doesn't do anything for a while, his session will be closed and he has to re-logon to enter the web-application.

I wonder this can be configue in server such as BEA-Webcontainer or I have to programm it. How?

Regards

Thomas

---------------------------------
Jetzt Mails schnell in einem Vorschaufenster überfliegen. Dies und viel mehr bietet das  neue Yahoo! Mail .

[Tobago] pop up window to notify session expired?

Posted by "Wong, Emmanuel (Sam)" <Wo...@SEC.GOV>.
Hi

When a user attempts to exit the browser or when session expired, if the
user has un-submitted a record, the system shall display an alert
message warning the user.  Is there a way to do this?

Re: How to set timer to a page?

Posted by Jay Balunas <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thomas,

The way I've done this is a strait JavaScript approach where the page starts
a timer when loaded, and when the time executes it preforms the logout.

That way is not very JSF centric and can be difficult to maintain because
you are kind of hijacking the life cycle.

What I believe is a better way would be to use either Trinidad, or
ajax4Jsf.  They both have a "poller" component that will callback into the
JSF application lifecycle.  From there you can do whatever is needed.

I had trouble integrating Trinidad with tomahawk so I went the ajax4jsf
route.

-Jay

Re: A question about log4j

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
I think how you add a file external from your war file to your
container classpath depends on your container.  You'll have to check
your container documentation.

Re: A question about log4j

Posted by Don Hill <ju...@gmail.com>.
Thomas,

If you just want to change logging levels then I have attached a jsp that
will allow this, I think there is a property that you can pass in like -
Dlog4j.config=/path/to/file or something like that.

Don

A question about log4j

How to set timer to a page?

RE: Re: How to set session-timeout?

Posted by Mark Millman <ma...@mizar.com>.
Programmatically it can be done with HttpSession.setMaxInactiveInterval(int
seconds).  This can be useful if you want to different timeouts for
different types of users.

Mark

  _____

Posted by Adrian Mitev <ad...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de>.
Sure. You just need to configue your web.xml file.

"Wong, Emmanuel (Sam)" <Wo...@SEC.GOV> schrieb:        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}     st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }           Yes, I have the same issue.  Could it be implement in JBOSS?

---------------------------------

 I want to set a so-called session timeout to my web application, so that is a user after logon and doesn't do anything for a while, his session will be closed and he has to re-logon to enter the web-application.

 I wonder this can be configue in server such as BEA-Webcontainer or I have to programm it. How?

 Regards

 Thomas

  Jetzt Mails schnell in einem Vorschaufenster überfliegen. Dies und viel mehr bietet das neue Yahoo! Mail .

Was Sie schon immer wissen wollten aber nie zu Fragen trauten? Yahoo! Clever hilft Ihnen.

RE: How to set session-timeout?

Posted by "Wong, Emmanuel (Sam)" <Wo...@SEC.GOV>.

Jetzt Mails schnell in einem Vorschaufenster überfliegen. Dies und viel mehr bietet das neue Yahoo! Mail <http://de.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40589/*http:/de.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/landing.html%20%0d%0a> .