Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com> on 2020/02/25 22:01:53 UTC

working with github and PRs

I filed a PR earlier today. I just did a push to my fork and want to
file a 2nd PR. On the web interface when I do "Compare & pull request"
it shows change from the earlier PR as well as the change I just pushed
(separate files). Is this expected and/or a problem. I'll delay issuing
the 2nd PR for now.

-ernie

Re: working with github and PRs

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.
On 2/25/2020 2:09 PM, Neil C Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Feb 2020, 22:02 Ernie Rael, <er...@raelity.com> wrote:
>
>> I filed a PR earlier today. I just did a push to my fork and want to
>> file a 2nd PR. On the web interface when I do "Compare & pull request"
>> it shows change from the earlier PR as well as the change I just pushed
>> (separate files). Is this expected and/or a problem. I'll delay issuing
>> the 2nd PR for now.
>>
> This is how PRs work. You should use a separate branch for each PR.

I was afraid of that. So they aren't in the same local build, sigh.

All the more reason to get those PRs handled :-)

<https://github.com/errael/javafx-maven-archetypes>

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.