Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Stefán F. Stefánsson" <st...@snote.decode.is> on 2001/03/01 10:30:51 UTC

rmic task info

Hello.

I'm a newbie to Ant so I hope you'll tolerate this newbie question.

I'm trying to get rmi to compile some *Impl.java files.  This is not
working for me and here's what I have in my build.xml:
<project name="ips.server" default="compile" basedir=".">
	<target name="compile" depends="prepare">
		<javac srcdir="${src}" destdir="${build}">
			<classpath refid="ips.classpath" />
		</javac>
		<rmic base="${src}" classpathref="ips.classpath"
includes="com/decode/ips/server/*Impl.java" />
	</target>

As you can see I have a javac task in there also and that's working just
fine.  What I want to do is to have the rmic task compile all java files
ending with -Impl.  This is not happening.  One other thing I don't
quite get is the 'base' attribute to the rmic task.  What exactly does
that specify?  Does it specify the source code root (the folder that
contains the com/decode/ips/server/ directory where all the files are
that I want to compile), or does it specify where I want the generated
files and class files to go?  If it specifies the destination of the
generated files then what specifies the source directory?  Is it the
basedir attribute of the project tag or..???

Hoping someone can help me out here...

Kind regards, Stefan.

Stefan Freyr Stefansson
Software Developer