Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Jens Stavnstrup <js...@ddre.dk> on 1999/09/14 08:50:01 UTC

Re: mod_autoindex/4961: Header and readme files are not being to directory indexes.

The following reply was made to PR mod_autoindex/4961; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jens Stavnstrup <js...@ddre.dk>
To: Ken.Coar@golux.com, code65536@ktech.hypermart.net
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_autoindex/4961: Header and readme files are not being to directory indexes.
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 08:47:01 +0200 (MET DST)

 Allthough I have followed the discussion in this problem report, I
 apparently have understood it all. I did read about the Multiview in the
 release message (Aug 31, 1999), but didn't realise the consequence of it.

 However, I do prefere the pre 1.3.9 way of handling README and HEADER
 files, so I would prefer Ken's way of doing it (i.e using MultiViews).

 I did include

 <Directory ...>

    Options ...  +MultiViews

 </Directory>

 -but this doesn't seems to work, when I am using virtul hosts. So
 apparently including Multiviews in the Options directive isn't enough.

 When I uses Kai's method, i.e. explicit defining the name of a file, e.g.

    HeaderName HEADER.html

 every thing, works just fine in Win32 as in the pre 1.3.9 days (allthough
 all my README.txt files doesn't work).

 Help in this would be very much appreciated.

 Jens