Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Igor Chudov <ig...@chudov.com> on 2008/10/22 03:34:34 UTC

I get a lot of these spams, obviously by one software program

example is here

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/spam004.txt

I get a lot of these, always for different companies, but obviously
emailed by one spammer.

I am on Ubuntu 8.04 using their stock spamassassin.

Are there some rulesets that I am missing?

Re: I get a lot of these spams, obviously by one software program

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.
Igor Chudov a écrit :
> example is here
>
> http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/spam004.txt

 pts rule name              description
---- ----------------------
 2.1 RCVD_IN_NJABL_SPAM     RBL: NJABL: sender is confirmed spam source
                            [216.117.203.6 listed in combined.njabl.org]
 2.0 URIBL_BLACK            Contains an URL listed in the URIBL blacklist
                            [URIs: awardsforum.com]
 3.5 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 99 to 100%
                            [score: 1.0000]
 0.1 DIET_1                 BODY: Lose Weight Spam
 0.0 COUNTRY_US             Relayed via US
 0.6 SPF_SOFTFAIL           SPF: sender does not match SPF record (softfail)

The sample triggers URIBL_BLACK, but I guess the URI was listed after
you got the spam.

if you get many of these, pass them to sa-learn (so that you get
BAYES_99 instead of BAYES_50).

> I get a lot of these, always for different companies, but obviously
> emailed by one spammer.
>
> I am on Ubuntu 8.04 using their stock spamassassin.

SA 3.2.4?

> Are there some rulesets that I am missing?

unrelated to your sample, but do use sa-update to update the rules. also
add some channels, in particular sought.rules.yerp.org (JM_SOUGHT).