Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Hemanth Kumar Kanamarlapudi <he...@mindtree.com> on 2009/08/10 08:30:24 UTC

Entity Changes for column definition Not Reflecting in DB

Hi Users,

Can any one please tell me the reason why the changes in my entity definition are not reflected in the database.

For example I have a cardNumber which is earlier Numeric/Integer in entitymodel.xml as well as in database.

Now I changed  cardNumber to Name/String type in entitymodel,xml and restarted ofbiz server. The change is not reflected in database.

I am using MySQL database.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Hemanth

________________________________

Re: Entity Changes for column definition Not Reflecting in DB

Posted by Abdullah Shaikh <ab...@viithiisys.com>.
Do you have "check-on-start" & "add-missing-on-start" set to true in your
datasource definition ?

Re: Can we modify the tag to add extra attribute ?

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Actually that may not be the best solution, why don't you just use a
regular event to process the view redirect?

Regards
Scott

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by snowc <ch...@gmail.com>.
In r4.0 on MS SQL, new columns are not recognized by the entity engine using
my setup.  I was told this may be due to the lack of meta data provided by
the MS JDBC driver I am using.  I manually add new columns and keys to the
database - it's not that much of a big deal for my environment.

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
The change you did need a unload/reload of the entity if you do not want
to loose existing data.

If you do not mind loosing the content of the entity simply dropping the
entity and restarting ofbiz will do the trick

Regards,
Hans

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates