Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com> on 2009/06/29 12:41:08 UTC

Summary of the user meeting

Here come a first draft of the meeting summary, don't hesitate to add your
informations

== Days 0 ==

* Arrivals to Bad Saeckingen, great thanks to Rudolf
* food, bier and discussion in a cool pub

== Day 1 ==

* Andrea's presentation
** situation of Lenya now (position in the market, community, code
submission) that create many discussions
** issue = http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/MeetingBadSaeckingen2009Ideas

* A long discussion about the creation of an external community site for
modules. All participants seems to be ok with this idea, but the decision
have to be made on the list
** a little bit more information on this page
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/ModContrib (ModContrib for Module
Contribution)
*** please comment this and add informations

* Lunch

* end of andrea's presentation
** many others "on the fly" discussions

* a Training course on Transformer and input module by Thorsten (thanks for
his teaching sense and his spanish energy)

* Town discovery, Diner, Pub cocktails and tequila discovery :)

== Day 2 ==

* Thorsten hasta luego
** his main message (hurt me if I am wrong) : if you want a great Lenya, be
a Lenya's worker : propose some modules, answer to ML's questions, write
documentation,...

* Florent's presentation : some idea for UI from Drupal and Zope-plone
** a demo zone of drupal is avaible here :
*** http://meeting.4sengines.com
*** administrator account : lenya / levi
** I can send my presentation if someone is interested in

* Michael's presentation of Shibboleth, a really cool Single Sign On system
:
** authentication is not on the provider but on each organisation
** Actually work for lenya 1.2.x, put in 2.x wouldn't be really difficult

* Lunch

* define some useful modules : http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/ModulesIdeas

* Discussions, few lines of code, demo of a very nice TINYMCE, goodbies

Have to lunch,
soon
++

Re: Summary of the user meeting

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Florent,

Florent André schrieb:
> Here come a first draft of the meeting summary, don't hesitate to add your
> informations

thanks a lot for the summary!
> * Andrea's presentation
> ** situation of Lenya now (position in the market, community, code
> submission) that create many discussions

Here's a link to the "slides": http://prezi.com/109173

Unfortunately there was not enough time for the "Recent CMS trends"
presentation: http://prezi.com/111311

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: Summary of the user meeting

Posted by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com>.
Thanks for this pointers, add on the wiki.

Have a good day

https://lenya.zones.apache.org/cms/docu/authoring/docu20/tutorials/firedocs.html

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Florent André schrieb:
> Hi Thomas, great sorry for the missing
>
> Sure that this work on Firedocs and REST/atompub api offer great
> possibilities for the future.It was useful to have an explain during the
> meeting... a little bit more documentation coming soon ? :)

Actually I think the Firedocs integration is rather well documented in
comparison to the rest of Lenya, but of course there's room for
improvement :)

http://www.firedocs.org/development/docs/remote_editing
https://lenya.zones.apache.org/cms/docu/authoring/docu20/tutorials/firedocs.html

Is there a particular area you need more information on?

-- Andreas

> Have a good day
>

> On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 13:23:59 +0200, Thomas Comiotto
> <th...@id.uzh.ch> wrote:
>> Hi Florent
>>
>>> * a Training course on Transformer and input module by Thorsten
>>> (thanks for
>>> his teaching sense and his spanish energy)
>>>
>> * REST/Atompub based API for editing and repository interaction. Demo
>> by Andreas and Thomas. Discussion.
>>
>> I think the repository/system interaction aspect got lost somewhat in
>> the editor discussion. The protocol can be of great use for
>> standardized data exchange, e.g. when using lenya as web frontend only
>> as Vic's company does for instance.
>>
>> It lacks a good name and the docs should move to the lenya website.
>> After that I'd feature it as key USP on the website - in bold.
>>
>> Bests
>> Thomas

Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH