Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/16 10:04:44 UTC

LogMergePolicy.setUseCompoundFile/DocStore

Hi

I find it very annoying that I need to set true/false on these methods
whenever I want to control compound files creation. Is it really necessary
to allow writing doc stores in non compound files vs. the other index files
in a compound file? Does somebody know if this feature is used somewhere?

If it's crucial to keep the two methods, then how about introducing a
setCompoundMode(true/false) to turn on/off both at once? IndexWriter used to
have it, before we switched to IndexWriterConfig and I think it was very
useful.

Shai

Re: LogMergePolicy.setUseCompoundFile/DocStore

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.
Ok perfect !

Shai

Posted by Earwin Burrfoot <ea...@gmail.com>.
Incoming LUCENE-2814 drops setUseCompoundDocStore()

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 12:04, Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I find it very annoying that I need to set true/false on these methods
> whenever I want to control compound files creation. Is it really necessary
> to allow writing doc stores in non compound files vs. the other index files
> in a compound file? Does somebody know if this feature is used somewhere?
>
> If it's crucial to keep the two methods, then how about introducing a
> setCompoundMode(true/false) to turn on/off both at once? IndexWriter used to
> have it, before we switched to IndexWriterConfig and I think it was very
> useful.
>
> Shai

Phone: +7 (495) 683-567-4
ICQ: 104465785