Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/30 23:39:16 UTC

panelBox and simple skin

Hello all,

There was a post this morning about a skin selector not working in panelBox
(my implementation). Anyway, the user was trying to use the following:

af|panelBox::body {
    background-color: black;
}

However, the background was not changing. This is because simple skin
defines af|panelBox::light af|panelBox::body {background-color: aColor;} and
it get generated after the root selector in the final CSS, thus giving it
priority.

There's three way to fix that:

1) Users can overload the 4 selectors (for each background) to set the
desired color;
2) Users can use af|panelBox::body, but overload all 4 other body selectors
in order to inhibit the inherited property;
3) Remove colors from simple skin and move them to minimal instead.

Personally I think users should opt for 2) and we should not change simple
skin. Anyone has comments about that?

Regards,

~ Simon

Re: panelBox and simple skin

Posted by Jeanne Waldman <je...@oracle.com>.
Hi Simon,
I just read this thread, and I was going to suggest using an alias.
I think your idea is fine.

- Jeanne

Re: panelBox and simple skin

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.