Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by heng du <du...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/09 10:59:20 UTC

[RIP-0] RocketMQ-Improvement-Proposal Introduction

Hi Apache RocketMQ Community,

In the last few years, we use the Jira(migrated to Issues) to trace issue
or collect new idea from the community. It’s a nice way for a feature
request but not very formal and easy to trace and manage. So We introduce
the RIP - RocketMQ Improvement Proposal mechanism to replace the current
Feature Request Process.
RIPs should be used for significant user-facing or cross-cutting changes,
not small incremental improvements. When in doubt, if a committer thinks a
change needs a RIP, it does.
It is easy to start a RIP from sending proposals to dev mail lists.

All the RIPs list below:
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq/wiki/RocketMQ-Improvement-Proposal

Welcome to open a RIP following the RIP process.

Best Regards,
Apache RocketMQ Team

Re: [RIP-0] RocketMQ-Improvement-Proposal Introduction

Posted by Gosling Von <fe...@gmail.com>.
Thanks heng. IMO, it is a good start for doc improvement[1] using RIP prefix. In this way, we only have two type of the PRs, one start with ISSUE#?, another start with RIP#?. Right? It is really a great improvement to make it easier for more guys to participate in the community:-)

[1] https://github.com/apache/rocketmq/pull/663

Best Regards,
Von Gosling

Posted by Gosling Von <fe...@gmail.com>.