Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Yee, Richard K CTR DMDC" <Ri...@osd.pentagon.mil> on 2006/07/03 18:11:11 UTC

RE: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: can't parse argument numb er

Fredrik,
The property value of {common.a} is causing the problem b/c the
java.text.MessageFormat class
is used to to parameter replacements in the message. Are you trying to use
the literal string
'{common.a}' as the value of the key? If so, you need to escape the '{' and
'}' characters.

-Richard

Posted by Fredrik Andersson <an...@r2m.se>.
No I'm trying to use the value of common.a as the value of key.a because
in the future the keys that all have the value "Hej" might need to be
changed to different values.