Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by lowest_turtle <al...@viasat.com> on 2015/03/04 18:22:03 UTC

kafka consumer org.i0itec.zkclient class not found

Hi,

I'm using servicemix 5.4.0 with the default Apache ServiceMix :: Bundles ::
kafka_2.10 (0.8.1.1) and camel-kafka (2.14.1).

I have a simple kafka consumer defined in blueprint as a camel route. When I
deploy the route I get the following error...

 ERROR: Bundle kafka-in.xml [231] EventDispatcher: Error during dispatch.
(java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/I0Itec/zkclient/serialize/ZkSerializer)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/I0Itec/zkclient/serialize/ZkSerializer
        at
kafka.javaapi.consumer.ZookeeperConsumerConnector.<init>(ZookeeperConsumerConnector.scala:65)
        at
kafka.javaapi.consumer.ZookeeperConsumerConnector.<init>(ZookeeperConsumerConnector.scala:67)
        at
kafka.consumer.Consumer$.createJavaConsumerConnector(ConsumerConnector.scala:100)
        at
kafka.consumer.Consumer.createJavaConsumerConnector(ConsumerConnector.scala)
        at
org.apache.camel.component.kafka.KafkaConsumer.doStart(KafkaConsumer.java:69)
        at
org.apache.camel.support.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:61)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.startService(DefaultCamelContext.java:2148)

I have a com.101tec.zkclient package in my local maven repository, but
nothing seems to have pulled in org.i0itec.zkclient and none of the bundles
I have seems to publish these packages. I see the references to org.I0Itec
in all the recent kafka source packages.

karaf@root> osgi:find-class com.101tec.zkclient.serialize.ZkSerializer
karaf@root> osgi:find-class org.I0Itec.zkclient.serialize.ZkSerializer

googling for similar issues just tells me that people have imported the jars
from https://github.com/sgroschupf/zkclient but I can't even get them to
build on my machine.

Has anyone else worked through this issue ?

Many thanks

Alan

Re: kafka consumer org.i0itec.zkclient class not found

Posted by lowest_turtle <al...@viasat.com>.
And if it helps, here is the route that's giving me trouble...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<blueprint
    xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0"
    xsi:schemaLocation="
      http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0
      http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0/blueprint.xsd">

  <camelContext xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint">
    <package>com.fusesource.fusebyexample</package>
    <route id="UDP-Reconstitute">
        <from uri="kafka:192.168.0.11:9092?topic=test&amp;groupId=group1" />
        <split>
           <simple>${body}</simple>
           <log logName="KAFKA_IN"
                loggingLevel="INFO"
                message="&gt;&gt;&gt;  ${headers[kafka.PARTITION_KEY]}
${headers[timestamp]} &gt;${headers[CamelNettyRemoteAddress]} &gt;
${headers[CamelNettyLocalAddress]} &gt;${body}"/>
        </split>
    </route>
</camelContext>
</blueprint>

Re: kafka consumer org.i0itec.zkclient class not found

Posted by lowest_turtle <al...@viasat.com>.
I added the dependencies to the imports section and reloaded the bundle. When
I try to start my route I get the same error...

osgi:headers 233
You are about to access system bundle 233.  Do you wish to continue
(yes/no): yes

Apache ServiceMix :: Bundles :: kafka_2.10 (233)
Manifest-Version = 1.0
Bnd-LastModified = 1396618628244
Tool = Bnd-1.50.0
Built-By = jbonofre
Build-Jdk = 1.7.0_51
Created-By = Apache Maven Bundle Plugin

Bundle-Vendor = The Apache Software Foundation
Bundle-Name = Apache ServiceMix :: Bundles :: kafka_2.10
Bundle-DocURL = http://www.apache.org/
Bundle-Description = This OSGi bundle wraps kafka_2.10 0.8.1 jar file.
Bundle-SymbolicName = org.apache.servicemix.bundles.kafka_2.10
Bundle-Version = 0.8.1.1
Bundle-License = http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt
Bundle-ManifestVersion = 2

Import-Package =

com.viasat.exede.nms.idb.camel;resolution:=optional;version="[2.13,3)",
        com.yammer.metrics;version="[2.2,3)",
        com.yammer.metrics.core;version="[2.2,3)",
        com.yammer.metrics.reporting;version="[2.2,3)",
        javax.management,
        javax.management.remote,
        joptsimple;resolution:=optional;version="[3.2,4)",
*        org.I0Itec.zkclient;resolution:=optional,
        org.I0Itec.zkclient.exception;resolution:=optional,
        org.I0Itec.zkclient.serialize;resolution:=optional,
        com.101tec.zkclient;resolution:=optional,
        com.101.zkclient.exception;resolution:=optional,
        com.101tec.zkclient.serialize;resolution:=optional,*
        org.apache.log4j;resolution:=optional,
        org.apache.log4j.helpers;resolution:=optional,
        org.apache.log4j.spi;resolution:=optional,
        org.apache.zookeeper;version="[3.3,4)",
        org.apache.zookeeper.data;version="[3.3,4)",
        org.xerial.snappy;resolution:=optional,
        scala;version="[2,3)",
        scala.annotation;version="[2,3)",
        scala.collection;version="[2,3)",
        scala.collection.convert;version="[2,3)",
        scala.collection.generic;version="[2,3)",
        scala.collection.immutable;version="[2,3)",
        scala.collection.mutable;version="[2,3)",
        scala.collection.parallel;version="[2,3)",
        scala.io;version="[2,3)",
        scala.math;version="[2,3)",
        scala.reflect;version="[2,3)",
        scala.runtime;version="[2,3)",
        scala.util;version="[2,3)",
        scala.util.matching;version="[2,3)",
        scala.util.parsing.json;version="[2,3)",
        sun.misc;resolution:=optional,
        sun.nio.ch;resolution:=optional
Export-Package =
        kafka.api;
                uses:="kafka.common,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        scala.runtime,
                        scala,
                        scala.reflect,
                        kafka.utils,
                        org.apache.log4j,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        scala.collection,
                        kafka.network,
                        scala.collection.generic,
                        kafka.message,
                        kafka.consumer,
                        kafka.cluster,
                        kafka.controller,
                        scala.math";
                version=0.8.1,
        kafka.producer.async;
                uses:="kafka.utils,
                        scala.reflect,
                        scala.collection,
                        kafka.producer,
                        scala.runtime,
                        scala,
                        kafka.api,
                        kafka.common,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        kafka.message,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        scala.collection.generic,
                        org.apache.log4j,
                        com.yammer.metrics.core,
                        kafka.serializer,
                        scala.util,
                        scala.math,
                        kafka.metrics";
                version=0.8.1,
        kafka.common;
                uses:="scala.reflect,
                        scala.runtime,
                        scala,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        scala.collection,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        scala.util.matching,
                        kafka.utils,
                        kafka.message,
                        scala.collection.generic,
                        kafka.cluster";
                version=0.8.1,
        kafka.javaapi.consumer;
                uses:="kafka.consumer,
                        kafka.serializer,
                        kafka.api,
                        scala.reflect,
                        kafka.javaapi,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        scala.runtime,
                        scala,
                        scala.collection.convert,
                        kafka.utils,
                        scala.collection,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        scala.collection.generic";
                version=0.8.1,
        kafka.producer;
                uses:="scala.collection,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        scala.runtime,
                        scala,
                        kafka.api,
                        kafka.cluster,
                        kafka.utils,
                        kafka.common,
                        org.apache.log4j,
                        kafka.client,
                        scala.reflect,
                        scala.collection.generic,
                        joptsimple,
                        kafka.message,
                        scala.collection.convert,
                        kafka.serializer,
                        kafka.producer.async,
                        org.apache.log4j.helpers,
                        org.apache.log4j.spi,
                        com.yammer.metrics.core,
                        kafka.metrics,
                        kafka.network";
                version=0.8.1,
        kafka.message;
                uses:="scala.math,
                        scala.reflect,
                        scala.runtime,
                        scala,
                        scala.collection,
                        kafka.utils,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        org.apache.log4j,
                        kafka.common,
                        org.xerial.snappy,
                        kafka.serializer,
                        scala.collection.parallel,
                        scala.collection.generic";
                version=0.8.1,
        kafka.log;
                uses:="scala.collection,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        scala.runtime,
                        scala,
                        kafka.common,
                        kafka.message,
                        kafka.utils,
                        scala.collection.generic,
                        org.apache.log4j,
                        scala.math,
                        scala.reflect,
                        com.yammer.metrics.core,
                        kafka.metrics,
                        scala.collection.convert,
                        kafka.server,
                        sun.nio.ch,
                        sun.misc";
                version=0.8.1,
        kafka.cluster;
                uses:="kafka.api,
                        scala.collection,
                        kafka.utils,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        kafka.common,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        scala.runtime,
                        scala,
                        scala.reflect,
                        com.yammer.metrics.core,
                        kafka.server,
                        scala.collection.generic,
                        org.apache.log4j,
                        kafka.metrics,
                        org.I0Itec.zkclient,
                        scala.math,
                        kafka.admin,
                        kafka.message,
                        kafka.log,
                        kafka.controller";
                version=0.8.1,
        kafka.metrics;
                uses:="scala.collection,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        scala.runtime,
                        scala,
                        com.yammer.metrics.core,
                        com.yammer.metrics.reporting,
                        kafka.utils,
                        org.apache.log4j,
                        scala.reflect,
                        com.yammer.metrics";
                version=0.8.1,
        kafka.client;
                uses:="kafka.api,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        scala.collection,
                        kafka.producer,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        scala.runtime,
                        scala,
                        kafka.cluster,
                        kafka.common,
                        org.apache.log4j,
                        kafka.utils,
                        scala.util,
                        scala.collection.generic,
                        scala.reflect";
                version=0.8.1,
        kafka.utils;
                uses:="scala.collection,
                        joptsimple,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        scala.runtime,
                        scala,
                        org.apache.log4j,
                        scala.reflect,
                        scala.math,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        scala.collection.generic,
                        kafka.common,
                        scala.util.parsing.json,
                        org.I0Itec.zkclient,
                        javax.management,
                        scala.collection.convert,
                        scala.collection.parallel,
                        org.I0Itec.zkclient.exception,
                        org.I0Itec.zkclient.serialize,
                        org.apache.zookeeper.data,
                        kafka.cluster,
                        kafka.consumer,
                        kafka.api,
                        kafka.controller,
                        kafka.admin,
                        scala.annotation";
                version=0.8.1,
        kafka.consumer;
                uses:="scala.collection,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        scala.runtime,
                        scala,
                        kafka.utils,
                        scala.reflect,
                        kafka.message,
                        joptsimple,
                        org.apache.log4j,
                        kafka.metrics,
                        scala.collection.convert,
                        org.I0Itec.zkclient,
                        kafka.serializer,
                        org.I0Itec.zkclient.serialize,
                        kafka.javaapi.consumer,
                        kafka.api,
                        kafka.common,
                        scala.collection.generic,
                        kafka.cluster,
                        kafka.server,
                        kafka.client,
                        com.yammer.metrics.core,
                        scala.collection.parallel,
                        scala.math,
                        kafka.network,
                        org.I0Itec.zkclient.exception,
                        org.apache.zookeeper";
                version=0.8.1,
        kafka.server;
                uses:="scala.runtime,
                        scala,
                        kafka.utils,
                        scala.collection,
                        com.yammer.metrics.core,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        kafka.common,
                        kafka.cluster,
                        scala.collection.generic,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        org.apache.log4j,
                        kafka.metrics,
                        scala.reflect,
                        kafka.consumer,
                        kafka.api,
                        kafka.message,
                        kafka.network,
                        kafka.log,
                        kafka.controller,
                        org.I0Itec.zkclient,
                        kafka.admin,
                        scala.math,
                        org.apache.zookeeper,
                        org.I0Itec.zkclient.serialize,
                        org.apache.zookeeper.data,
                        scala.collection.convert,
                        org.I0Itec.zkclient.exception";
                version=0.8.1,
        kafka.serializer;uses:="scala.reflect,kafka.utils";version=0.8.1,
        kafka.admin;
                uses:="scala.reflect,
                        scala.collection,
                        org.I0Itec.zkclient,
                        scala.runtime,
                        scala,
                        kafka.common,
                        kafka.api,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        kafka.cluster,
                        scala.collection.generic,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        kafka.utils,
                        org.apache.log4j,
                        kafka.log,
                        scala.collection.convert,
                        org.I0Itec.zkclient.exception,
                        joptsimple,
                        org.I0Itec.zkclient.serialize,
                        kafka.controller,
                        javax.management.remote,
                        javax.management,
                        kafka.consumer,
                        scala.math";
                version=0.8.1,
        kafka.network;
                uses:="kafka.utils,
                        org.apache.log4j,
                        scala.reflect,
                        scala.runtime,
                        scala,
                        scala.collection,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        kafka.common,
                        kafka.api,
                        com.yammer.metrics.core,
                        kafka.metrics,
                        scala.collection.generic";
                version=0.8.1,
        kafka.tools;
                uses:="org.I0Itec.zkclient,
                        kafka.consumer,
                        scala.runtime,
                        scala,
                        scala.collection,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        joptsimple,
                        kafka.api,
                        kafka.common,
                        org.apache.log4j,
                        kafka.utils,
                        scala.math,
                        org.I0Itec.zkclient.serialize,
                        scala.collection.generic,
                        scala.reflect,
                        kafka.message,
                        kafka.log,
                        scala.collection.convert,
                        kafka.cluster,
                        kafka.client,
                        javax.management,
                        javax.management.remote,
                        kafka.producer,
                        kafka.javaapi.producer,
                        kafka.serializer,
                        scala.io,
                        scala.util.matching";
                version=0.8.1,

kafka.javaapi.producer;uses:="scala.collection.convert,scala.collection,kafka.producer,scala.collection.mutable,scala.reflect,scala";version=0.8.1,
        kafka.javaapi;
                uses:="scala.collection.convert,
                        kafka.api,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        scala.collection,
                        kafka.common,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        scala.reflect,
                        scala,
                        kafka.message,
                        kafka.javaapi.message,
                        kafka.utils,
                        org.apache.log4j,
                        scala.runtime,
                        scala.collection.generic,
                        kafka.cluster";
                version=0.8.1,

kafka;uses:="kafka.server,scala.runtime,scala,scala.collection,scala.collection.immutable,kafka.utils,org.apache.log4j,scala.collection.mutable,kafka.metrics,scala.reflect";version=0.8.1,
        kafka.controller;
                uses:="kafka.api,
                        scala.runtime,
                        scala,
                        scala.reflect,
                        scala.collection,
                        kafka.common,
                        scala.collection.mutable,
                        scala.collection.immutable,
                        kafka.utils,
                        org.apache.log4j,
                        scala.collection.generic,
                        kafka.cluster,
                        kafka.server,
                        kafka.network,
                        org.I0Itec.zkclient,
                        org.apache.zookeeper.data,
                        com.yammer.metrics.core,
                        kafka.metrics,
                        org.apache.zookeeper,
                        org.I0Itec.zkclient.exception,
                        scala.collection.convert,
                        kafka.admin";
                version=0.8.1,

kafka.javaapi.message;uses:="scala.collection,kafka.message,scala.runtime,scala.collection.mutable,scala.reflect,kafka.javaapi";version=0.8.1

Re: kafka consumer org.i0itec.zkclient class not found

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It depends the kafka feature used, I would try to update the
Import-Package first.

Regards
JB

On 03/04/2015 09:05 PM, lowest_turtle wrote:
> Thanks for your quick response (and for building the bundle in the first
> place)...
>
> The org.IOItec packages are listed as optional and I believe are not
> provided by any other bundle (at least nothing I have loaded, the text in
> the console is red for those packages and I think that means they are not
> resolved).
> Are the com.101tec packages needed ?, there's nothing referencing them in
> the kafka source and I don't see the system complaining about them. I can
> unjar the kafka bundle and manually add them to the manifest but I think
> that will just give it something else to complain about unless I make them
> optional.
>
> Here is what the bundle imports...
>
> osgi:headers 225 | more
> You are about to access system bundle 225.  Do you wish to continue
> (yes/no): yes
>
> Apache ServiceMix :: Bundles :: kafka_2.10 (225)
> Manifest-Version = 1.0
> Bnd-LastModified = 1396618628244
> Tool = Bnd-1.50.0
> Built-By = jbonofre
> Build-Jdk = 1.7.0_51
> Created-By = Apache Maven Bundle Plugin
>
> Bundle-Vendor = The Apache Software Foundation
> Bundle-Name = Apache ServiceMix :: Bundles :: kafka_2.10
> Bundle-DocURL = http://www.apache.org/
> Bundle-Description = This OSGi bundle wraps kafka_2.10 0.8.1 jar file.
> Bundle-SymbolicName = org.apache.servicemix.bundles.kafka_2.10
> Bundle-Version = 0.8.1.1
> Bundle-License = http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt
> Bundle-ManifestVersion = 2
>
> Import-Package =
>          com.yammer.metrics;version="[2.2,3)",
>          com.yammer.metrics.core;version="[2.2,3)",
>          com.yammer.metrics.reporting;version="[2.2,3)",
>          javax.management,
>          javax.management.remote,
>          joptsimple;resolution:=optional;version="[3.2,4)",
> *        org.I0Itec.zkclient;resolution:=optional,
>          org.I0Itec.zkclient.exception;resolution:=optional,
>          org.I0Itec.zkclient.serialize;resolution:=optional,
> *        org.apache.log4j;resolution:=optional,
>          org.apache.log4j.helpers;resolution:=optional,
>          org.apache.log4j.spi;resolution:=optional,
>          org.apache.zookeeper;version="[3.3,4)",
>          org.apache.zookeeper.data;version="[3.3,4)",
>          org.xerial.snappy;resolution:=optional,
>          scala;version="[2,3)",
>          scala.annotation;version="[2,3)",
>          scala.collection;version="[2,3)",
>          scala.collection.convert;version="[2,3)",
>          scala.collection.generic;version="[2,3)",
>

> Thanks again

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: kafka consumer org.i0itec.zkclient class not found

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Did you add com.101tec.zkclient.serialize and
org.I0Itec.zkclient.serialize packages in the Import-Package of your
bundle ?

Regards
JB

On 03/04/2015 06:22 PM, lowest_turtle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using servicemix 5.4.0 with the default Apache ServiceMix :: Bundles ::
> kafka_2.10 (0.8.1.1) and camel-kafka (2.14.1).
>
> I have a simple kafka consumer defined in blueprint as a camel route. When I
> deploy the route I get the following error...
>
>   ERROR: Bundle kafka-in.xml [231] EventDispatcher: Error during dispatch.
> (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/I0Itec/zkclient/serialize/ZkSerializer)
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/I0Itec/zkclient/serialize/ZkSerializer
>          at
> kafka.javaapi.consumer.ZookeeperConsumerConnector.<init>(ZookeeperConsumerConnector.scala:65)
>          at
> kafka.javaapi.consumer.ZookeeperConsumerConnector.<init>(ZookeeperConsumerConnector.scala:67)
>          at
> kafka.consumer.Consumer$.createJavaConsumerConnector(ConsumerConnector.scala:100)
>          at
> kafka.consumer.Consumer.createJavaConsumerConnector(ConsumerConnector.scala)
>          at
> org.apache.camel.component.kafka.KafkaConsumer.doStart(KafkaConsumer.java:69)
>          at
> org.apache.camel.support.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:61)
>          at
> org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.startService(DefaultCamelContext.java:2148)
>
> I have a com.101tec.zkclient package in my local maven repository, but
> nothing seems to have pulled in org.i0itec.zkclient and none of the bundles
> I have seems to publish these packages. I see the references to org.I0Itec
> in all the recent kafka source packages.
>
> karaf@root> osgi:find-class com.101tec.zkclient.serialize.ZkSerializer
> karaf@root> osgi:find-class org.I0Itec.zkclient.serialize.ZkSerializer
>
> googling for similar issues just tells me that people have imported the jars
> from https://github.com/sgroschupf/zkclient but I can't even get them to
> build on my machine.
>
> Has anyone else worked through this issue ?
>

> Many thanks
>
> Alan

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org