Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)" <ku...@sbb.ch> on 2008/10/08 10:49:48 UTC

Assemply for EAR project including dependencies and sources

Hello,

I use the maven-source-plugin in each project. For each artifact it creates another artifact with the sources classifier including the project sources. Like for myartifact.jar it would generate an artifact myartifact-sources.jar

Now, I want to create an assemply for an EAR Project including all dependenciens and it's source archives created like mentioned above.
I'd like to create something like
  myear-src.zip

     +  -- myartifact.jar
     +  -- myartifact-sources.jar

Using the assemply this would be done like this :

<assembly>
  <id>src</id>
  <formats>
    <format>zip</format>
  </formats>
  <dependencySets>
    <dependencySet>
      <includes>
          <include>*:war:*</include>
          <include>*:jar:*</include>
          <include>*:sources</include>
      </includes>
    </dependencySet>
  </dependencySets>
</assembly>

Unfortunately, this works only if I define each sources artifact as a dependency of my EAR project.  Otherwise I'll get following warning:

[WARNING] The following patterns were never triggered in this artifact inclusion filter:
o  '*:sources'

Futhermore, I don't know which scope I should give to such a dependency.

Is there a better way to create such an archive with sources?

Thanks

Kuno