Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Yong Zhang <yo...@apache.org> on 2021/08/13 06:59:37 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release 4.14.2

Hi,

We have changed the BouncyCastle at this PR
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/2631,
which introduces an Incompatible issue. Detail:
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/10937.

This also blocks the user upgrade their charts to pulsar 2.8.0
https://github.com/apache/pulsar-helm-chart/pull/130

We have fixed it by https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/2740,
so I want to start a new release of bookkeeper for unblocking the users.

If there are no objections, I'll move forward with the patch release.

Thanks,
Yong

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 4.14.2

Posted by Yong Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
That's because my maven version is too old. Using maven 3.8.1 will work.
So it's not an issue for the current release. Let start validation the RC1
of the 4.14.2!

Thanks for Enrico's helping!

Thanks,
Yong

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 4.14.2

Posted by Yong Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 4.14.2

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 4.14.2

Posted by Yong Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 4.14.2

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Yong,

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 4.14.2

Posted by Yong Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 4.14.2

Posted by Yong Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 4.14.2

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
good point Flavio

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 4.14.2

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
It sounds like there are more vulnerabilities that can be addressed with upgrades:

https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/issues/2511 <https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/issues/2511>

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 4.14.2

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 4.14.2

Posted by Lothruin Mirwen <lo...@gmail.com>.
I ran tests with latest 4.14.2 sources and I didn't find any problems
regarding bouncycastle. Prior with 4.14.1 I failed to upgrade BK artifacts
due to bc fips introduced in 4.14.0. :)

Thank you
Diego

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 4.14.2