Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lincoln Mitchell <li...@interfaces-n-creatives.com> on 2007/05/08 08:21:46 UTC

How to have a Question mark in a URL

Hi all,

I can generating an image with text in it. The text is in the URL an example
here is "sometext" in the url:
http://www.interfaces-n-creatives.com:8888/princesspamperparties.com.au/h5_s
ometext.jpg

The problem is the text is dynamic and may include a "?". If this happens
then I get the an error. For example the URL:
http://www.interfaces-n-creatives.com:8888/princesspamperparties.com.au/h5_s
ometext?.jpg

Notice the ? in "sometext?". The resulting error is:

---
Resource not found
org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: No pipeline matched request:
princesspamperparties.com.au/h5_sometext
---

There should be a ? after "h5_sometext" but everything after and including
the "?" is removed.

I realize "?" are significant in URL's but is there a way to get round this.

More info:
The text need to be in the URL as its matched via the pipeline below which
serializes as svg2jpeg:
<map:match pattern="h5_*.jpg">
	<map:generate src="content.xml"/>
	<map:transform src="wordml2svgH5.xsl">
		<map:parameter name="image" value="{1}"/>
	</map:transform>
	<map:serialize type="svg2jpeg"/>
</map:match>

Many thanks for any assistance.

Linc

RE: How to have a Question mark in a URL

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@hippo.nl>.
The ? Is a separator between the path and request parameters. Just as
the / and & it is not a character you can use in your filename. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URI_scheme for more information.

Jasha Joachimsthal

Hippo
Oosteinde 11
1017 WT Amsterdam
The Netherlands
+31 (0)20 5224466

www.hippo.nl

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 08.05.2007 08:21, Lincoln Mitchell wrote:

> I can generating an image with text in it.
> The problem is the text is dynamic and may include a "?".

> I realize "?" are significant in URL's but is there a way to get round this.

The only way I see is to double-URL-encode the generated part of the URL
and to decode it in the pipeline. Double-encode is necessary since the
browser will try to decode it - and you'd end up with the same request
otherwise.

Joerg

RE: How to have a Question mark in a URL

Posted by Lincoln Mitchell <li...@interfaces-n-creatives.com>.
That's "%3f" works a treat.

Posted by beatejung <be...@online.de>.
Hi,