Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com> on 2009/03/16 18:23:48 UTC

QPID_*_EXTERN

Hi Steve,

Is there a guideline for the usage of __declspec for Windows builds?  I
see that you have put them on most, but not all, public methods in the
C++ APIs.  I'm working on some updated APIs for management and I'd like
to save you the trouble of having to edit the headers.

Thanks,

-Ted

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: QPID_*_EXTERN

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@wso2.com>.
> Each separate library must have its own QPID_*_EXTERN macro.
> Publically usable classes should either be marked or the methods
> inside them. For the most part we've marked methods to avoid problems
> with ancestor classes.

+1. Its a must that we should have QPID_*_EXTERN for each library.

Danushka

--
Danushka Menikkumbura
Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc.

blog : http://danushka-menikkumbura.blogspot.com/

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: QPID_*_EXTERN

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Ted,

> Is there a guideline for the usage of __declspec for Windows
> builds?

Each separate library must have its own QPID_*_EXTERN macro.
Publically usable classes should either be marked or the methods
inside them. For the most part we've marked methods to avoid problems
with ancestor classes.

> I see that you have put them on most, but not all, public
> methods in the C++ APIs.

Any method that Qpid users can call should be marked. There may be
some missing now.

> I'm working on some updated APIs for management and I'd like
> to save you the trouble of having to edit the headers.

That'd be great - thanks!

-Steve

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org