Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Bordet, Simone" <si...@hp.com> on 2003/09/17 14:48:11 UTC

RE: ] JMX implementation, adaptors

Hi,

> >2) Are we using JRMP over RMI for remote access to the
> MBeans (i.e., a
> >JRMP over RMI adaptor for JMX)?
> Just right now, the JRMP adaptor of MX4J is leverage in order
> to be able to
> use MC4J. The adaptor is mounted during the boot of Geronimo.
> You can have a look to the boot-service.xml.

MX4J's CVS head has now an implementation of JSR 160 standard RMIConnector.
We're waiting for JSR 160 to go final, in order to clean the implementation with the latest spec changes, then there will be a MX4J 2.0 alpha release.
I don't know if the MC4J guys are already working on JSR 160, I just wanted to say that, if remote JMX is needed, may be better to start off with JSR 160 immediately.
The JSR 160 implementation in MX4J's CVS head is complete WRT the RMIConnector (that works both over JRMP and IIOP).

Cheers,

Simon