Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Edwards, Jayme" <JC...@software.rockwell.com> on 2000/06/21 18:48:26 UTC

Apology for the virus attachment earlier this week

Hello,

I just wanted to apologize to anyone who received a copy of the email from me with an attached Microsoft outlook virus. I did not send this email intentionally, it was received via a corporate email that infected several others here at Rockwell Software. This virus is known as the life_stages worm, current antiviral software has been updated to include a check for this so please update it if you have a copy (mcafee, norton AV, etc.). It renames regedit.exe to recycled.vxd and adds itself to a registry key that causes it to start at each reboot. There is supposedly an update to Microsoft Outlook available via Microsoft's website that can be used to restrict access to your address book from script, amongst other things.

Apologies,

Jayme Edwards
Rockwell Software
JCEdwards@software.rockwell.com

Clean up tool - RE: Apology for the virus attachment earlier this week

Posted by Brill Pappin <jo...@jmonkey.com>.
For those that need it, Norton has a little tool for cleaning it up.
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/fix.vbs.stages.html

- Brill Pappin