Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Narita Bagchi <Na...@headstrong.com> on 2011/07/06 09:25:02 UTC

FileEndpoint Concurrent Consumer and Producer

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please help me with making FileEndpoint (Consumer and Producer) concurrent ? I am looking for some directions.

Thanks.
Regards,
Narita

***The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,retransmission,dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.***

Re: FileEndpoint Concurrent Consumer and Producer

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Narita Bagchi
<Na...@headstrong.com> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Can anyone please help me with making FileEndpoint (Consumer and Producer) concurrent ? I am looking for some directions.

I posted a blog entry a long time ago how to do that on the file. You
may google and find that. I guess its around 2 years ago or something
like that.

Check the threads DSL which can speedup the consumer.

The producer is using the current thread, so just have multiple
threads executing to have producers working concurrently. Notice that
Camel will detect if you do concurrent writes to the *same* file, if
so it ensures synchronized writes, so you wont lose write updates.
That is though in one of the latest releases.

--
Claus Ibsen