Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Gavin, Rick" <RG...@vidyah.com> on 2002/09/20 23:21:31 UTC

4.1.10: Equivalent to load-on-startup

Hi All,
  I have a servlet that reads in a property file and stores properties in a
static class.
 I want the servlet called when the webapp starts..

---- web.xml  -----------------
<servlet>
  	<servlet-name>Settings</servlet-name>
	<servlet-class>SettingsServlet</servlet-class>
	<init-param>
	  	<param-name>configFile</param-name>
		<param-value>my.conf</param-value>
	</init-param>
	<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

in Tomcat 4.0.4,  it works fine but in 4.1.10 it seems to never get called,
did something change?  Is there a better a way to do this?  Ideally I would
like to
create a JNDI tree of components from a group of properties files, but this
is a separate issue.
If anyone has any advice on either problem, please let me know.

Thanks for any help,

Rick