Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Gaston Dombiak <ga...@jivesoftware.com> on 2006/11/27 23:42:52 UTC

New to MINA - Trunk status?

Hey guys,

My name is Gaston Dombiak and I'm the lead engineer of the Wildfire XMPP
server. We are highly interested in migrating our networking code to
MINA to take advantage of NIO support. Wildfire already requires Java
1.5 so I would like to avoid having to include emory-util-concurrent.jar
as a required library.

In the SVN repository I see that trunk is already not using
emory-util-concurrent.jar classes but instead uses Java 1.5 native
concurrent classes. Therefore, I was wondering how stable the code in
TRUNK is. Is trunk part of the 1.2 or 2.0 release? Is there any schedule
for the 1.2/2.0 release? Sorry if I'm asking some basic questions that
were already answered by I'm not able to find more info in the wiki or
the mailing list.

Thanks,

  -- Gato

Re: New to MINA - Trunk status?

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Nov 27, 2006, at 2:42 PM, Gaston Dombiak wrote:
> My name is Gaston Dombiak and I'm the lead engineer of the Wildfire
> XMPP
> server. We are highly interested in migrating our networking code to
> MINA to take advantage of NIO support. Wildfire already requires Java
> 1.5 so I would like to avoid having to include emory-util-
> concurrent.jar
> as a required library.

awesome!

> In the SVN repository I see that trunk is already not using
> emory-util-concurrent.jar classes but instead uses Java 1.5 native
> concurrent classes. Therefore, I was wondering how stable the code in
> TRUNK is. Is trunk part of the 1.2 or 2.0 release? Is there any
> schedule
> for the 1.2/2.0 release? Sorry if I'm asking some basic questions that
> were already answered by I'm not able to find more info in the wiki or
> the mailing list.

trunk will be 2.0

there is also a branch for a v1.2, which is API compatible with 1.0,
but updated for Java5. no fixed timeframe on a release yes.. 1.2 will
probably be out before 2.0.

-pete