Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by "ohaya@yahoo.com" <oh...@yahoo.com> on 2019/11/01 15:53:42 UTC

Deploying pre-built Syncope Instance

Hi,
We have been doing our testing using Syncope instances that we build using Maven, but in some of our other environments, we will not have network access to the internet, so we want to be able to deploy Syncope to a new machine using just pre-built files (e.g., the Syncope WAR files).
I noted that when we build Syncope from Maven, we have to create the conf, bundles, and logs directory under the (in our case) /apps/syncope-archetype directory, but in these new instances we would not have an /apps/syncope-archetype directory.
So I was wondering how we can build those new Syncope machines?
Here's the contents of the /apps/syncope-archetype directory in one of the Syncope machines we made using Maven:
[root@ip-192-168-186-8 syncope-archetype]# ls
bundles  common  conf  console  core  enduser  logs  pom.xml  target

Do we even need the /apps/syncope-archetype directory for the new Maven-less machines?

Or is the contents of that /apps/syncope-archetype directory ONLY FOR BUILDING SYNCOPE?
If some of the contents of the /apps/syncope-archetype directory is needed, can make the new Maven-less instance by zipping up the contents of the conf, bundles, and logs directories from a "donor" Syncope instance and for the new Maven-less machines, drop those ZIP files to an empty /apps/syncope-archetype directory and unzip them there, then copy the 3 pre-built Syncope WAR files into the Tomcat webapps directory?
For the new Maven-less Syncope machine, do we have to copy any of the other directories that are under the /apps/syncope-archetype directory other than the conf, bundles, and logs directories?

I know that we also have to copy over the JDBC and derby drivers and configure the JDBC in Tomcat.

Please advise.
Thanks,Jim

[RESENDING!] Re: Deploying pre-built Syncope Instance

Posted by "ohaya@yahoo.com" <oh...@yahoo.com>.
 Hi

I am re-sending the post below, because sent the message below out awhile ago, and we have not seen a response to it yet.

Since I had not gotten a response to the message below, I have been moving forward with just minimally populating the directories and files under the /apps/syncope-archetype directory, but we have now encountered a problem today, because when they tried to export the MasterContext.xml from that pre-built Syncope instance, the export failed because there was no /apps/syncope-archetype/core/src/main/resources/domains directory (since this Syncope instance was not built using Maven, but was just a pre-built Syncope instance.
Here, "pre-built" means we are making that Syncope instance by"
- Copying the 3 Syncope WAR files to a new Tomcat instance's webapps directory- Creating an /apps/syncope-archetype directory with conf and logs directory under that
And, nothing else.
The reason/need for the "pre-built" instance is that we have some environments where we want to deploy a Syncope instance, but those environments are locked down and have not access to the internet or Maven repo, etc.
So the question below is, really, how can we build such instances?
Thanks,Jim