Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by wendy Lee <ha...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/01 06:31:09 UTC

What is difference between repository index and workspace index

I just find the index size under repository directory is smaller than the
workspace directory.Who can help me understand this.Thanks!

Re: What is difference between repository index and workspace index

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 2/1/07, wendy Lee <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just find the index size under repository directory is smaller than the
> workspace directory.Who can help me understand this.Thanks!

The repository directory contains the index of the version store that
is shared by all workspaces. Each workspace directory contains the
index of content within that workspace.

Thus you can expect the repository index to be smaller than a
workspace index if you don't use versioning or if only a part of your
content is versioned.

BR,

Jukka Zitting