Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2003/02/09 05:07:51 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Commons Net Promoted out of Sandbox

The Jakarta Commons Team is pleased to announce that Commons Net
(formerly NetComponents) has been promoted out of the sandbox into
the Commons proper.  The first order of business for this Commons
component is to freeze the code and make a formal release that projects
such as Ant can use.  After this first release, further development will
continue, adding new features, performance improvements, a test harness,
and a programming guide to supplement the API documentation.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Commons Net Promoted out of Sandbox

Posted by William Pietri <wi...@scissor.com>.
Hi!

Intrigued by your announcement, I am left with two questions:

1) What is the Commons Net?
2) Where do I go to learn about it?

I can, of course, figure this stuff out on my own (and I will shortly),
but next time you do an announcement, I encourage you to add a brief
blurb and some links. The easier it is, the more users and contributors
you'll have.

Good luck with your project!

William