Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Frank Hempel <li...@frankoni.net> on 2006/11/03 10:10:31 UTC

[users@httpd] DirectoryIndex not working when mod_autoindex loaded

Hello,

When I have loaded the mod_autoindex additionally to the mod_dir I'm
getting the error
"Directory index forbidden by rule: /some/dir" when I request the path
/some/dir or /some/dir/
When I do not load autoindex, it works, that means the index.* files
will be taken.

The DirectoyIndex rule is specified for the virtualhost telling that
index.html and others are valid index files.
I had also read somewhere that regarding the order of the
load-statements of mod_dir and mod_autoindex it is important to have
mod_dir in front of mod_autoindex. This is made sure as well.

The goal is to have both modules working. In folders with no index files
one should get a listing (from mod_autoindex) and if there is index
files found (specified by the directorIndex rule), one shell get this
index file.

What could I have forgotten to have both working?

Thanks for any hints,
Ciao, Frank