Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Alessandro Evangelista <ev...@gmx.net> on 2005/08/23 01:35:22 UTC

Re: Forrest (svn head) war is crashing Tomcat upon restart

>> I'm having some problems with the present svn head (two days old): the
>> war it creates installes fine in Tomcat when deployed through Tomcat's
>> HTML Manager, and as long as Tomcat user-help@forrest.apache.org wrote:is running without interruption,
>> there's no problem. But when restarted, Tomcat crashes severely. This
>> happens only when the Forrest war is installed, without the Forrest
>> war, there is no problem.
>>
>> Config:
>> - (almost) latest Forrest svn
>
>How almost?
>
>> - Tomcat 5.5.9
>> - Java 1.5_02
>> - Win2k server
>> - the forrest.properties and skinconf.xml files are based on a forrest
>> seed several months ago

Hi

I am having a similar problem with

- Win2k server
- Java 1.4.2_07
- Tomcat 5.5.9

I generated "forrest webapp" and configured a new tomcat an <Context> for Forrest.

I get an Exception similar to the first post. A series of ClassNotFoundException exceptions.

I managed to sort of fix the problem copying

 logkit-1.2.2.jar and commons-logging-1.0.4.jar

 tomcat\common\lib

Now, I get the following error

--
Message: null

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

Request URI

index.html

cause

C:\usr\sbin\apache-forrest-0.7\site-author\build\webapp\project\.\skinconf.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)

request-uri

/Forrest/index.html

--

There is no much information in the log files.

Tried to copy skinconf where requested and I get a "java.lang.NullPointerException" as a Tomcat server error cause.

And many other failed attempts.

Please help!!!

Re: Forrest (svn head) war is crashing Tomcat upon restart

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Alessandro Evangelista wrote:

>>> I'm having some problems with the present svn head (two days old):
>>> the  war it creates installes fine in Tomcat when deployed through
>>> Tomcat's  HTML Manager, and as long as Tomcat
>>> user-help@forrest.apache.org wrote:is running without interruption,
>>> there's no problem. But when restarted, Tomcat crashes severely.
>>> This  happens only when the Forrest war is installed, without the
>>> Forrest  war, there is no problem.
>>>
>>> Config:
>>> - (almost) latest Forrest svn
>>

>> How almost?
>>
>>> - Tomcat 5.5.9
>>> - Java 1.5_02
>>> - Win2k server
>>> - the forrest.properties and skinconf.xml files are based on a
>>> forrest  seed several months ago
>>

> Hi
>
> I am having a similar problem with
>
> - Win2k server
> - Java 1.4.2_07
> - Tomcat 5.5.9
>
> I generated "forrest webapp" and configured a new tomcat an <Context>
> for Forrest.
>
> I get an Exception similar to the first post. A series of
> ClassNotFoundException exceptions.
>
> I managed to sort of fix the problem copying
>
> logkit-1.2.2.jar and commons-logging-1.0.4.jar

> tomcat\common\lib
>
> Now, I get the following error
>
> --
> Message: null

> Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>
> Source: Cocoon Servlet
>
> Request URI
>
> index.html
>
> cause
>
> C:\usr\sbin\apache-forrest-0.7\site-author\build\webapp\project\.\skinconf.xml
> (The system cannot find the file specified)
>
> request-uri
>
> /Forrest/index.html
>
> --
>
> There is no much information in the log files.
>
> Tried to copy skinconf where requested and I get a
> "java.lang.NullPointerException" as a Tomcat server error cause.
>
> And many other failed attempts.
>

> Please help!!!

Please raise an issue on our issue tracker about this. I'm travelling
right now and don;t have access to a tomcat server so can't help right
now. since you have had no response from other devs here putting it in
the issue tracker will stop us forgetting about it. Someone will help soon.

Ross