Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2018/06/06 23:04:42 UTC

[VOTE] Retire legacy taverna repos to taverna-extras

We don't seem to get much progress in these legacy git repositories:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-plugin-component
https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-plugin-bioinformatics

Both have been failing in Jenkins for a long time.

The Component plugin I think still needs some more work for Taverna 3. I
just fixed now some typos like broken <?xml file headers, but it was
not enough to get it to compile.

The Bioinformatics plugin has activities for Biomart, Biomoby,
NCBI and Soaplab web services. I don't believe any of these are
particularly relevant anymore. The plugin also have some dependencies
with unclear or incompatible open source license (martj.jar)

I propose we retire these repos and ask to transfer their ownership to:
https://github.com/taverna-extras/

Their license and file headers would remain.

As this would mean ASF giving up on holding their code base I think we
should decide this formally.

Please Vote:

[ ] +1: Yes, retire them to taverna-extras
[ ]  0: Either way
[ ] -1: No, don't retire

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Anyone can vote, not just
Taverna PPMC members.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: [VOTE] Retire legacy taverna repos to taverna-extras

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Thanks to all who voted!

This is +1 from me as well.

http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: [VOTE] Retire legacy taverna repos to taverna-extras

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Sagar <ku...@gmail.com>.
+1